Monday, July 15, 2013

Great Fashion Finds for Mama's to Be

2013 is proving to be a big year for me! During the first week of January my then-boyfriend asked me to marry him, while we were on vacation in Florida. By the end of February, woops! We're pregnant! I graduated college in May, and my wedding is coming up in on July 20th! Finally, our son is due mid November!
With a growing belly during this summer heat, and a wedding coming up, I needed to make some serious fashion decisions. First and foremost, for anyone who doesn't know- not only is the majority of maternity-wear unsightly, but it is also surprisingly expensive! I'm the kind of person to avoid maternity clothes until I absolutely cannot anymore, so for those of you who are like me, and even those of you who are not - here are a couple of options for you to rock that belly during these warmer months!

 FREE PEOPLE

I can't even begin to tell you how much this store has saved my life and my sense of style! Although, I'll admit, my wallet is hurting a little.
Unlike many stores who's fashion is aimed toward younger people, Free People does not aim to trap you in your clothing. They largely avoid tight waist-lines, giving you some maneuverability beneath you clothes. This, my darlings, is perfect for a woman with a growing belly! Even better, you'll still be able to wear these clothes after you have your baby without looking completely crazy! If you're like me, and you've sworn off pants for your entire pregnancy, the dress shop at Free People will become your newest obsession!




I'd also like to add, that purchased my wedding dress from Free People, and it not only accomidates my growing belly, but still manages to make me look like a beautiful bride.



ASOS

My other favorite pregnancy fashion find was asos.com. Now the fabulous thing about asos, is that they have some great free-flowing clothing, much like Free People, but they also have a maternity sections that is:
1. Some of the cutest maternity clothing I've managed to find, and
2. Some of the most affordable

ASOS Non-Maternity




ASOS Maternity






If you are on a serious budget, as many of us are these days, my last suggestions would be Old Navy. Not only can you get away with wearing some of their non-maternity clothes, and a size bigger than you would normally wear, their maternity line isn't completely atrocious. There are some good finds in there occasionally. Happy shopping!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment